Information for the 2018/2019 Tryouts for the Virginia Legacy Soccer Club is now posted. How to apply for tryouts/placements, dates, fees and other information for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Season is listed below. If you have any questions please contact the soccer office at 757-253-VLSC (8572) or email@example.com
The Virginia Legacy will have tryouts during April 27 - May 3rd across 3 communities for ease of players across the Peninsula to be a part of Legacy. Teams will be formed at all levels at each age and parents and players are encouraged to check out the following link http://www.valegacysoccer.com/travel/about for more information on the different playing levels and communities in which Legacy teams are offered.
Travel Teams are selected on a competitive basis. Positions on a team MUST be earned. Just because a player played on a team last year does NOT guarantee him/her a place for the 2018/19 season. Trials are open to any player and are free of charge. All final decisions on team placement will be made by the Technical Director, Directors of Coaching of the Virginia Legacy Soccer Club in conjunction with individual team coaches.
Age Group Matrix for the Seasonal Year of 2018/2019
1. Apply – Apply for Tryouts/Placements at the provided Link (No COST!!) - https://valegacysoccer.demosphere-secure.com/_registration_login?to=https%3A%2F%2Fvalegacysoccer.demosphere-secure.com%2F_registration
3. Register – Attend a registration night to complete player passes, uniform fitting and other required paperwork for the 2018/19 season. Please make sure you attend one of the four registration nights at the locations below.– Registration will take about 30 -45 minutes and runs from 6:00 to 8:30pm each night below.
Monday: May 21 - Premier SportsCenter Yorktown (106 N. Constitution Dr, Yorktown, VA)
Tuesday: May 22 - Premier SportsCenter Yorktown (106 N. Constitution Dr, Yorktown, VA)
Wednesday: May 23 - Williamsburg Pottery - Bldg A (6692 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg, VA)
Thursday: May 24 - Williamsburg Pottery - Bldg A (6692 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg, VA)
Registration is Mandatory – your player must accompany you to registration. There is a $25 late free assessed if you do not attend a registration night or make arrangements with the soccer office to registration completed at another time
What to bring to registration:
- player getting registered
- Proof of birth (original birth certificate, passport, drivers license or 2017/18 player pass)
- parent ID
Important Tryout Information:
1. All players must pre-register for the tryout - there is no cost to attend - https://valegacysoccer.demosphere-secure.com/_registration_login?to=https%3A%2F%2Fvalegacysoccer.demosphere-secure.com%2F_registration
3. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the tryout time to check in at the tent and receive your tryout number.
4. No paperwork is required at the tryout - just show up early to check in after having pre-registered.
5. Parents and spectators are asked to remain outside of the fence line at Warhill Sports Complex. At all other tryout locations parents are encouraged to remain away from the tryout fields.
6. Notifications of tryouts will begin Wednesday, May 10th. All accepted players to the team will receive an acceptance email in which case players will be asked to complete the tryout acceptance link within the email. -
7. Players must accept the position within 48 hours of the offer in order to guarantee their position on the roster.
8. Please wear a light colored shirt - preferably white
9. Weather Issues - check email with address used for tryout registration